Comprehensive fundamentals of interfacial phenomena and surface science presented through the use of graphics, animations, examples and
interactive exercises Fundamental concepts are illustrated using familiar processes so that workers at all levels will find these
materials of value for technical training. Special Features: Quick Search Index and Table of Contents, Glossary, Orientation.
Demos - Click on image.
Stages in Emulsification
Interfacial Engineering Orientation
Table of Contents - Interfacial Engineering
Presentation of the fundamental concepts are illustrated using everyday processes so that workers at all levels will find these materials
of value for technical training.
How the IES electronic course can be used:
Who will benefit?
- Research and Development Technicians, Engineers, Scientist
- Manufacturing Engineers and Technicians
- University engineering, materials science, chemistry students, particularly for a first course in Surface Science, Colloids and Polymers
- University and short-course instructors
- Distance learning courses providers and instructors
- Engineering students taking a first course in Heat Transfer
- Instructors who wish to present computer-based lectures: Classroom, Distance learning, Tutoring
- Practicing Engineers who need a refresher course or desktop reference
- Chemical Potential
- Dispersion Forces, Fluid Transfer
- Forces in Condensed Phases
- Interaction Forces in Charged Systems
- Forces in Vapor Phase
- Phase Equilibria
- Surface Tension
- Introduction to Amphiphiles
- Colloidal Sols
- Polymers in Solution
- Polymers:Transport in the solid state
- Coating Processes
- Crystals and their surfaces,
- Vapor Deposition Processes
- Quick Search Table of Contents and Comprehensive Index.
- Interactive Student Problems
- Experimental Techniques
- Theoretical Derivations
- Extensive Glossary
- Two-Level Search Capability for key words